Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dude! I'm Goin' Green!

I am doing it. I'm slowly converting my home into a more healthy and safe environment for myself and my children. I will be replacing my old chemical based household cleaning products with new eco-friendly non-toxic cleaning supplies as well as beginning the 30 Day Challenge with vitamins and minerals utilizing the Oligofructose Complex.

All my life I have suffered from a series of health-related issues and though my children have been healthy for the most part, I am ready to make a change for the better. With new medical issues arriving and no health insurance, I am exploring another option in making myself and my family healthier.

I've read a lot about the numerous success stories associated with the 30 Day Challenge and with taking these particular vitamins in general. So, since I am already using (and loving) a few of the other household products, I would just broaden my horizons a bit and see what happens.

What do I have to lose?  I'll tell you what I would LIKE to lose....

  • heart palpatations
  • headaches
  • insomnia
  • brain malfunctions
  • blood sugar malfunctions
  • joint and muscle pain due to arthritis
     
 I started my daily multivitamin and mineral supplement experiment two days ago, so that would be the 19th of March, 2010.  I will continue to update as I see results.

I am also going to begin posting the steps that we are taking as we, as a family, learn more about protecting ourselves and our environment by re-cycling, using more earth-friendly products, gardening (this should be interesting since I live in a sand pit!) and just getting healthier in general.

Since I am a full-time, work from home mom, I spend a lot of time sitting at my computer and know that I need to MOVE more. I can't use the excuse that I don't have time or space to exercise, because we live on 7 1/2 acres of beautiful land filled with woods to stomp around on! My children, as well, need to be outside more often. More days than I can count, they have all spent their after-school hours huddled around a Playstation instead of being outside playing. This is going to change as well.

And it's not just about vitamins and exercise.  It is also about being less wasteful. Finding ways to make things last. Learning how to find uses for things that you normally would be throwing away. Being more thrifty and saving money.

It's going to take some time, but we'll get this. Thanks for sharing our journey with us!

Enthusiastically,
Carrie & Family

0 comments:

Post a Comment